We hear it all the time, “Oh, NCA has a Next Gen focused group? Sounds great—how do I get involved?” Well, here is your roadmap to get involved with NCA Next Gen.
First, what exactly is NCA Next Gen? NCA Next Gen is the arm of the NCA that focuses on engaging the next generation of coffee professionals. The NCA Next Gen has a council that is comprised of seven members who volunteer for a two-year term. The Council oversees two Next Gen committees: The Communications Committee & The Education & Events Committee. Both committees support young coffee professionals by providing resources, support, and a sense of community [For a list of current council members, click here].
You can get involved right now! The NCA Next Gen is always looking to get young coffee professionals more involved. Here are some ways to get started:
- Stay Connected! Subscribe to our Next Gen Newsletter here. The newsletter format has recently been updated and will now feature content about your peers generated by fellow Next Gen members. We have a feeling this is one newsletter you will look forward to receiving each month.
- NCA Convention 2021! The Next Gen Council organizes a variety of activities at the NCA Convention. This year, we have organized a panel discussion about Next Gen’s role in sustainability within the coffee supply chain. See more details about the NCA Convention here.
- Get Social! There are many ways to engage with Next Gen on social media. Keep an eye on the NCA LinkedIn page, the NCA Twitter account, and the NCA Blog. This is where all Next Gen content gets dropped first.
- Want more? We are always accepting new members to our committees. We encourage you to serve on one of our Committees. You can sign up here.
- Lead! If you have the time and passion to contribute beyond a committee, maybe a Next Gen leadership role is right for you? Learn more about the application process and sign up here.
-NCA Next Gen Council